Ondurga Yorisdaughter

General in character posts
Puckohue
GM

Ondurga Yorisdaughter

Post by Puckohue »

Please welcome Ondurga Yorisdaughter, the bastard child of a poor carl.
grumbold99

Re: Ondurga Yorisdaughter

Post by grumbold99 »

Welcome to Boldhome, Varadan.

You come at a glorious time as the army battles to drive the despicable Lunars out of Tarsh. I look forward to greeting you when we return from campaigning, either with a drink at a tavern or perhaps over the counter of my shop, Silks and Sapphires. With bold hearts and fair fortune, it may be at a military parade to celebrate our triumph.

Grumbold
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

Greetings from the Front,

I take pen in hand here at the Front to send you greetings and welcome to Boldhome. The maze of confusing opportunities and shady enticements may seem overwhelming, but beware the smiling hucksters who will try and separate you from any precious coins you may have at the moment. I am Quatlu Carasilson and you and I share the same heritage as Hoftar Beshison, though of different tribes. All three of us are bastard children of Sartar nobles, which denies us a proper connection to family. However, know that you are not alone, Ondurga, and I am here to help you on this auspicious beginning of your glorious adventure in Boldhome. First, let me highly recommend you join a cult, which will give you a grounding in Boldhome. I am of the Great Temple of Orlanth, and I hope to see you there as a lay member. I will write more to you as time permits. But know that you are not alone, and that you have prospective friends on your life's journey.
Last edited by Quatlu on Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to a member of the City Ring
Colymar Tribe
Erik

Post by Erik »

My dear Ondurga,

I say "Welcome to Boldhome" even though I am far from the city with my regiment, fighting the Lunar foe. I do not know your plans, but you may wish to rise up the social ladder before joining a regiment. If that is your plan, might I suggest you attend the Trickster's Summer Feast in the 2nd week?
I hesitate to suggest this, but my home, a small mansion, is in need of a Housekeeper. The post pays 5L a month, you would be free to resign at any time, and also has the advantage of paying your support costs.
If however you plan to come straight out to the front you will be honoured for your courage. just ensure you have joined a Warrior Cult beforehand.

Erik Stargazer
Lt. Warlord Mularik's Company
God talker of Orlanth
Aide to City Lawspeaker
Colymar Tribe
Ondurga

Post by Ondurga »

Brothers Grumbold and Quatlu,

I thank you for your welcome. More so given that you are on campaign, yet have still found time to put quill to parchment in greeting.

I am come to Boldhome come to follow in the footsteps of my mother. I shall join the temple of Orlanth. I shall join the Candle Dancers. This much I know. All else in the future is unclear to me.

I wish you both glory and fortune and hope to see you in triumph and splendour on your return.
Ondurga Yorisdaughter of the Bachad
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

Welcome to Boldhome Ondurga,

I, too, am at the front, but will be back at the end of the Fire Season campaign and look forward to making your acquaintance at that time!

Wishing your plans to join Orlanth and the Candle Dancers go well. The Candle Dancers are an excellent regiment. Some famous heroes have fought in that regiment.

warm regards

Ivarenna
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Goldgotti the City Treasurer
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane, Third Battalion, Mularik's Company
Ondurga

Post by Ondurga »

My lord Stargazer,

I thank you, also, for your welcome. That so many take the time to welcome me while at the front waging war is humbling. I shall follow your advice and attend Elusu the Clown Summer Feast. Also, I would be honoured to serve, for a time, as your housekeeper. I am in dire need of additional funds. My mother gave me great wealth in the form of the battle axe she used as an officer in the Candle Dancers, and many tales of her time in Boldhome, but I must confess little else.
Ondurga Yorisdaughter of the Bachad
Torben

Post by Torben »

Ondurga wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:28 pm My lord Stargazer,

I thank you, also, for your welcome. That so many take the time to welcome me while at the front waging war is humbling. I shall follow your advice and attend Elusu the Clown Summer Feast. Also, I would be honoured to serve, for a time, as your housekeeper. I am in dire need of additional funds. My mother gave me great wealth in the form of the battle axe she used as an officer in the Candle Dancers, and many tales of her time in Boldhome, but I must confess little else.
My dear, sweet, sister Ondurga,

My heart wept when I learned of your seeming loneliness and shortage of coin in Boldhome.

Allow me to introduce myself formally, I'm God Broar Hofarson, an up and coming Lightbringer God, and our City's only, so far, Hero Quester....seeking the head of the King of the Broos...a very dangerous quest and suited only for those who are amongst the very bravest of men.

As I'm currently out of the city, on a noble Hero Quest, may I suggest that you proceed immediately to meet up with my cousin, Brear Hofarson, who is the Head Priest of my Cult, he will take good care of you and bring you up to date with the things you need to know here. Those few lunars that you have can soon grow to ten times that number, maybe even twenty fold, because I've got a really good financial scheme that I'm more than happy to share with my good friends, you're one of those Ondurga, a very good friend I feel I can honestly say. The best thing is it cost virtually nothing to get started, if you just send / give 10 lunars to cousin Brear he'll do the rest and I guarantee you'll have 100 lunars back by the end of Fire Season, brilliant eh!!
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Erik

Post by Erik »

Ondurga wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:28 pm My lord Stargazer,

My dear Ondurga,

I shall send instructions that you are to be appointed housekeeper to my small mansion. The post is yours for as long as you need it, and I look forward to meeting you on my return. One minor point however, I am no lord (although with Orlanth's blessing that may come in time!).

Erik Stargazer