About this Broo King's Head / Skull

General in character posts
Torben

About this Broo King's Head / Skull

Post by Torben »

Dear All,

It's me, God Broar again, here on my Hero Quest searching for the King of the Broos.

The good news, I'm sure that I'm on the right track as all the signs are positive and I have to keep fending off assorted packs of Broo warriors that are intent upon stopping me. Sounds frightening to common folk, I'm sure, even to seasoned warrior cult members BUT none of them are God Broar and I'm managing to do ok, so far, in fact to be totally honest really well and it looks like I'm cut out for this old Hero Quest business.

I just wanted to clarify to those who may have a doubt or question about the recent Justice announcements that have been circulated around Boldhome, in particular that one about it being a Major Taboo if a member of Chalana Arroy hurts a living being, yes, that one. I'm sure a few of you may be asking, well, if that is the case, how can God Broar, ASSISTANT RUNELORD of Chalana Arroy, be tasked with coming back with the head of the King of the Broos? Tell me, where in that rule does it say someone else can't do the killing bit - obviously for the greater good though as Broo are nasty things and therefore the King of the Broos must be the nastiest one of all - there isn't a rule against that!! Luckily for me I've got a couple of my Cult Broar initiates tagging along with me so they will be the one's to do the deed, I shall be the brains behind it all and that way no-one breaks any rules, everyone is happy....well, except the King of the Broo and he doesn't count!
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Ondurga

Re: About this Broo King's Head / Skull

Post by Ondurga »

[OOC: Who'll give me good odds against Broar coming back with an ordinary goat skull?]
Ondurga Yorisdaughter of the Bachad
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

No takers on that bet...
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to a member of the City Ring
Colymar Tribe
Torben

Post by Torben »

Jarrek wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:50 pm [OOC: Who'll give me good odds against Broar coming back with an ordinary goat skull?]
Dear Jarrek,

Oh ye of little faith! Anyway who in Boldhome has actually seen a Broo? Jarrek.....Rufus.....Afur? Everyone knows that Broo have goat heads so there's bound to be some similarity, plus with all those chaotic features these creatures have everyone is different and so their heads must be different too!

Anyone who tries to say the head belongs to a goat would be doubting the word of a God and better come up with some proof to the contrary otherwise I'm sure they'll be forever regarded as.....as...well, as terrible people who don't believe in the divinity of Gods and, therefore, are alienated and ever at risk of being struck down by a lightning bolt or something.

I can confidently assure everyone I'll be bringing back the head of the King of the Broos, and not a large ram's head, with a crown on it.
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Erik

Post by Erik »

Jarrek wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:50 pm [OOC: Who'll give me good odds against Broar coming back with an ordinary goat skull?]
Well no doubt Broar will be willing to submit the skull to the scholars at the Temple of Lankhor Mhy who will be able to tell us if it is real or not.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Erik wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:15 pm
Well no doubt Broar will be willing to submit the skull to the scholars at the Temple of Lankhor Mhy who will be able to tell us if it is real or not.
It isn't.
Fionn the dagger, soldier (leader Free Philosophers) and scholar (Loremaster).
Brear Hofarson

Post by Brear Hofarson »

Cousin Broar,

I have every confidence in you successfully completing the Hero Quest, that'll soon shut all the doubters up!

You come back with the skull of the Broo King and you'll be a true hero, more of a hero than you already are cousin, and that Erik will have to pay you 60 lunars and apologise.

Brear Hofarson
High Priest of Cult Broar the Benevolent