Run away....run away!

General in character posts
Torben

Run away....run away!

Post by Torben »

It had all started so well, that rousing pre-battle speech by Commander Lamarr, all the troops cheering and shouting how they were going to send those swine Lunarites packing and then....well.....this really.....

Young Broar sat dejectedly amongst the remnants of the regiment, where before there had been hundreds of them now there were but, seemingly, 50-60 equally dejected looking comrades left. As he contemplated the whole sorry mess, trying to close his ears to the pitiful cries coming from several of the wounded, he tried to work out how it had all gone so wrong, how surreal it had all seemed when right next to him poor Rufus had his head sliced clean off by a lunar scimitar and how he had managed to escape unscathed from the chaos of the fight.

Perhaps he was blessed of the Gods or, at least, a God? I mean, he knew he wasn't actually in a cult or anything BUT he was Broar Hofarson after all and so some God must want him to sign up soon! Anyway, the past is the past he mused, no point worrying about it, one has to be tough when one is a Warrior, no place for sentiment and woeful reflections, I'm a man and so lets look to the future! There were still some lunars in his purse, a spear a helmet and 'Peeler', the trusty fruitknife plus he was still alive, which was more that could be said for most of the poor sods.

Yes, if he could link up with another fresh Levy regiment, what with Commander Lamarr & his boys being sort of all dead, then he could still take part in a glorious charge and scatter the foe before him, grabbing fists full of lunars into the bargain!! Surely his second month campaigning would bring it's much sought after rewards......
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Erinestra

Re: Run away....run away!

Post by Erinestra »

Oh you poor, poor boy! Although I, of course, am no expert on battle I do wonder if the lack of proper equipment is holding you back? Do come and visit my Emporium and I'll see if I can find a proper axe for you.
Erinestra Harvanasdaughter
Third daughter of a Free Carl of the Locaem tribe
Assistant Rune Lord of Issaries
Lay member of Eurmal
Owner of Erinestra's Emporium Extraordinaire
Charisma: 12
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

Erinestra wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:34 pm Oh you poor, poor boy! Although I, of course, am no expert on battle I do wonder if the lack of proper equipment is holding you back? Do come and visit my Emporium and I'll see if I can find a proper axe for you.
Interesting. I'm looking for a good axe for the summer campaign. I'll definitely visit your shop then!
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Goldgotti the City Treasurer
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane, Third Battalion, Mularik's Company
Erinestra

Post by Erinestra »

Ondureen wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:00 pm
Interesting. I'm looking for a good axe for the summer campaign. I'll definitely visit your shop then!
And good Ondureen I see we patronise the Red Beaver, perhaps next month we could be seen there together? Alternatively I will definitely keep some of my best axes aside for you!
Lay member of Eurmal
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

Erinestra wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:15 pm
Ondureen wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:00 pm
And good Ondureen I see we patronise the Red Beaver, perhaps next month we could be seen there together? Alternatively I will definitely keep some of my best axes aside for you!
Meeting at the Red Beaver sounds great. How about week 4?
Erinestra

Post by Erinestra »

Ondureen wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:09 pm Meeting at the Red Beaver sounds great. How about week 4?
Sadly I am tied up this month, but next month I look forward to seeing you there!
Lay member of Eurmal
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

Erinestra wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:57 pm
Ondureen wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:09 pm Meeting at the Red Beaver sounds great. How about week 4?
Sadly I am tied up this month, but next month I look forward to seeing you there!
Ah, next month I am off to the front for the fire season (summer) campaign! Assuming I survive let's meet in earth season!
Erinestra

Post by Erinestra »

Ondureen wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:11 pm
Ah, next month I am off to the front for the fire season (summer) campaign! Assuming I survive let's meet in earth season!
OK week 4 it is, see you then (and there).
Lay member of Eurmal
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

Erinestra wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:51 pm
Ondureen wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:11 pm

OK week 4 it is, see you then (and there).
Great. See you then!