Wounded result whilst campaigning

An OOC part of the forum. IC posts will be deleted.
Rufus

Wounded result whilst campaigning

Post by Rufus »

I note that there is no way to get wounded whilst on campaign.

This would be more likely than getting captured.

Suggest that getting the score for getting captured you could roll a die with some alternative results (but still including a getting captured result):-

Say a range of wounded to seriously wounded (tied into how being wounded in a duel works) (No light wounds because being heroes our characters would shrug off a minor wound!).

Consequence would be recovering whilst remaining at the front/field hospital (effectively missing a turn, maybe more) or continue campaigning with an adverse modification to the death save.
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
grumbold99

Re: Wounded result whilst campaigning

Post by grumbold99 »

I like this. It's not exactly fun to miss a turn because that's an entire month RL gone, but the choice to miss a turn recovering in hospital or take a risk is better than languishing in prison.

If you continue campaigning it should probably increase your chance of a mention to the same degree that it increases your chance of death.
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

I ran a poll a few turns back where one of the suggestions was "Death Roll Table, Wounds, and Permanent Injuries: chance of losing a limb, horse, or endurance etc instead of dying."

It would involve removing the current risk for capture and/or death with a roll on these tables (from the Sword & Crown game):
death_roll_tables.png
death_roll_tables.png (190.82 KiB) Viewed 3104 times
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

This change would also mean a general change to Endurance rules: if a character is at 25% or less of their Endurance they are bedridden and can not perform any actions until recovered (but do not require intimate companionship, and are relieved of any regimental and/or cult duties).
Erik

Post by Erik »

I assume references to pistol duels and returning to Paris (but PLEASE send Broar to France where the Inquisition can get their hands on him!) will be amended.

In general I like the idea of wounded - but it does make more work for yourself.

There could also be the possibility of divine intervention ameliorating some of the worse outcomes.
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Erik wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:28 pm I assume references to pistol duels and returning to Paris (but PLEASE send Broar to France where the Inquisition can get their hands on him!) will be amended.
Yes, but I'm not sure about how to incorporate the consequences of losing a limb. Maybe 1/2 from Expertise and if leg: all duels from horseback (opponent borrows one if needed).
Erik wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:28 pm There could also be the possibility of divine intervention ameliorating some of the worse outcomes.
Yes.
Erinestra

Post by Erinestra »

These rules I was in favour of before IIRC.
Erinestra Harvanasdaughter
Third daughter of a Free Carl of the Locaem tribe
Assistant Rune Lord of Issaries
Lay member of Eurmal
Owner of Erinestra's Emporium Extraordinaire
Charisma: 12
Torben

Post by Torben »

Erik wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:28 pm I assume references to pistol duels and returning to Paris (but PLEASE send Broar to France where the Inquisition can get their hands on him!) will be amended.

In general I like the idea of wounded - but it does make more work for yourself.

There could also be the possibility of divine intervention ameliorating some of the worse outcomes.
Last edited by Torben on Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Can we stop with the flaming on the Game Rules board? There are other good places for in-character personal attacks/defences, but Broar's habits don't (or at least shouldn't) have anything to do with proposed alterations to the rules.
Fionn the dagger, soldier (leader Free Philosophers) and scholar (Loremaster).
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I like this.

The death roll table seems a bit harsh - 60% chance of serious injury or worse. :shock:

Horses killed whilst being ridden was pretty common - sometime multiple losses.

Loss of limbs - in Runequest you can repair limb loss but this may vary with En Garde (you could just use the same rules as for duelling rather than have separate options for battles - just to keep it simple).

Loss of a limb did not necessarily end a career - even a leg if you could still ride (infantry officers tended to ride horses).

There is the famous case of Lord Uxbridge at Waterloo.

"One of the last cannon shots fired that day hit his right leg, necessitating its amputation above the knee.[4] According to an anecdote, he was close to the Duke of Wellington when his leg was hit, and exclaimed, "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!", to which Wellington replied "By God, sir, so you have!" "

Full link below:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Uxbridge%27s_leg

(This may be a double post - original does not appear to have been sent. :) )
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.