Leaving your tribe

An OOC part of the forum. IC posts will be deleted.
Puckohue
GM

Leaving your tribe

Post by Puckohue »

The tribe rule is important because it increases pc interaction. Still, recent events have made me think about the possibility to leave your tribe. I can see two ways to do so:

1. When you become an initiate of Humakt you have the option to sever your ties to your tribe.

2. If you marry someone with higher CHA you have the option to change to your lover’s tribe. Not sure here If noble title should be more important than CHA.

Comments?
Erik

Re: Leaving your tribe

Post by Erik »

I think the 1st, becoming an initiate of Humakt works.

on the 2nd, you should be able to join the spouses tribe if they are at least 2 levels of CHA higher than yours, or if they hold a noble title higher than yours. Perhaps you should have to apply to join the new tribe, with a die roll of 1 being automatic failure.

There should be a 3rd method, if you make yourself obnoxious to your own tribe by word or deed you can be cast out. There should be a special category of outcasts, perhaps with penalties for interaction with all tribe members (and increased penalties for interactions with your former tribe).
Torben

Post by Torben »

Of course, there is also a 4th method.....

The individual(s) concerned is / are awarded some bonus CP's to reflect the fact that they are no longer a member of one of the 'recognised' Tribes which means they will not 'enjoy' whatever advantages come from that background - i.e. +1 in dealings within an NPC from same tribe / Tribal Cults bonus / Tribal Weapon(s) etc.

Perhaps some 'flexibility' in allowing the individual(s) to.....let's say.....maybe...create their own Tribe and a Cult linked to it...?
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Broar wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:12 pm awarded some bonus CP's
Not being part of a cult gives a CP penalty as it's socially weird. Antisocial. It's the same with tribes. Not being part of a tribe makes you a weird outcast.

Humakt severed his ties to his family and then entered another form of relationship with them. That's the only reason a Humakti (and only a Humakti) would still be respected outside the tribal system.
Torben

Post by Torben »

Puckohue wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:37 pm
Broar wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:12 pm awarded some bonus CP's
Not being part of a cult gives a CP penalty as it's socially weird. Antisocial. It's the same with tribes. Not being part of a tribe makes you a weird outcast.

Humakt severed his ties to his family and then entered another form of relationship with them. That's the only reason a Humakti (and only a Humakti) would still be respected outside the tribal system.
Doh....well it was worth a try!
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩