Rescue NOT Ransom / A Mission for Malvolio

General in character posts
Torben

Rescue NOT Ransom / A Mission for Malvolio

Post by Torben »

Good people of Boldhome,

It appears that folk are a little short of money at the moment and despite a few pledges there seems little prospect of raising the full 900 lunars required for a ransom.

THEREFORE.....we turn to Plan B....A daring Rescue mission!!

For such an epic endeavour we shall require equally epic individuals, men and women of great elan, warriors, mages, healers etc the more the merrier as it will be a less than easy task. Are YOU such a person, are YOU prepared to step forward in the hour of need, are YOU someone of whom heroic songs will soon be sung throughout Inns across our fine City? Yes, of course you are and I can sense an eagerness to crack on with the job and that you're keen to learn where to sign up to do so!

Sadly, due to my current condition, being laid up in the Chalana Arroy hospital type place, and what with my bad back too, I shan't be able to actually join the rescue attempt itself BUT, instead, have to take up a Co-ordinator style role while others claim the glory...sigh...well, I've never really been one for the limelight so don't worry I'll be ok back in Boldhome.

Now, onto the main business, to become a hero and help out good old Malvolio all you need do is reply to me as soon as possible, send a courier with your pledge to help to me here, at the hospital type place, and I'll add your name to the Rescue Mission scroll. We really need all names within the next few days as a lot of planning has to go into this to give us the very best chance of success which, naturally, I'm sure will be the outcome so no need to worry.

As with Plan A, the Ransom, I'll be the first to volunteer - I know you just can't keep a good man down eh ! - and get our List of volunteer Heroes up and running. I have been touched by the plight of one poor fellow recently arrived to Boldhome, a certain Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem Tribe, I hear that Grumbold is never one to be picked or selected for anything, very sad to hear, tut tsk tut, WELL let me be the first again by saying Grumbold we'd be delighted to have you onboard lad so I'm extending a personal invite which I hope you will accept? I can both hear and see it now....the roaring fire....the crowds....the cheers....the buxom wenches....the musicians heartily singing away...."Bravely Bold Sir Grumbold, rode forth from Boldhome fair, he was not afraid to die, oh brave Sir Grumbold" etc etc....it has a somewhat familiar ring to it, maybe I've heard something similar somewhere, however it matters not....just think man, think all of you, the glory and renown that is surely to come!

A MISSION FOR MALVOLIO

Co-ordinator Chief - Broar Hofarson

Rescue Mission Heroes - Dararda Jarnasdaughter
+ ??
Last edited by Torben on Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Saling

Re: Rescue NOT Ransom / A Mission for Malvolio

Post by Saling »

After another drink. Dararda was already sketching a first plan on the tableboard. Using her fingers. After dipping them in ale she found it more and more doable to get the felloow out of his prison.

ooC.: Count me in Dararda Jarnasdaughter is drunk eneough to join in. Week1? :)
Dararda Jarnasdaugther Warrior of the Snakepipe Dancers
Torben

Re: Rescue NOT Ransom / A Mission for Malvolio

Post by Torben »

Dararda wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:58 am After another drink. Dararda was already sketching a first plan on the tableboard. Using her fingers. After dipping them in ale she found it more and more doable to get the felloow out of his prison.

ooC.: Count me in Dararda Jarnasdaughter is drunk eneough to join in. Week1? :)
Well done Dararda, a most wise choice and may I commend you upon your sense of adventure, daring and good heartedness to help save a fellow Boldhomer. Your name's on the list, all signed up and once I / we have enough volunteers the Rescue plan can be decided upon. Welcome to the Team!
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩