Gathering at the Pea Pod

General in character posts
Quatlu

Gathering at the Pea Pod

Post by Quatlu »

Quatlu sat down on his seat at the fireside table, the now familiar surroundings of the Pea Pod serving as a welcome respite from a busy month. He, Julian and Harold had all three made the trek north together to visit the families of their lovers, and it had been a momentous time for fellowship between the three Orlanthi and feasting with the girls' families. A most rewarding journey that they would all remember for many years to come. Proprietor Jorl came over to the table, bringing the Wind Lord a large mug of his favorite mulled wine and some savory, seasonal snacks from Mama in the kitchen. He smiled and thanked his genial host before taking a long pull on the mug, followed by a satisfied "Ahhh".

Last month had been a significant point in time for Quatlu, as he had been granted the honor to lead the temple ceremony on Windsday, Movement Week, in Storm Season, the High Holy Day among Orlanthi participants. The out-of-body experience of flying in the One Direction to Kero Fin was most assuredly to be etched in his mind and spirit for the rest of his life. The great feast in Karulinoran, the Great Hall of Orlanth never seemed to end, with his ancestors and the heroes of history in attendance, and the gods themselves seated at the high table in the distance. The feast ended as he eventually fell asleep and awakened back in Boldhome. What a memory to recall!

A pop from the fireplace brought him back to himself and he looked around him, aware that he had slipped into a dreaming place. He smiled and chided himself, taking another swig of mulled wine and a snack from the basket on the table. Jorl brought Quatlu a fresh mug of mulled wine and waited for his attention, then said, "Ah, begging your pardon, Master Quatlu, but I just wanted to remind you that we will be closed for Sacred Time, but will reopen for early Sea Season."
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to a member of the City Ring
Colymar Tribe
Julian

Re: Gathering at the Pea Pod

Post by Julian »

Julian was quiet in the Pea Pod his eyes having a far away look in them. He found comfort in the familiar surroundings but the noise of other customers was banished by his mind. He was reviewing the mystical experience and the travel he had experienced.

“Sorry” he said to his friends and smiled, “Travel sure does broaden the mind…. But Jorl, Shut you say? I had forgotten that, but not that I hope to be away next season……”

He returned to his pint, still musing on what to do about the challenges he faces
Julian Sartarvutson
A Ten Thane in the
Colymar Tribe
Orlanth by Choice
Quatlu

Re: Gathering at the Pea Pod

Post by Quatlu »

Quatlu nodded as Julian was reminded of the pub closing for Sacred Time. "We'd all miss Jorl and his fine establishment, but many of his regulars will be on Hero Quest. I know you, Erik, Afur, Harold and Torben Dungshuvler have committed to join me on the Hero Quest, and I presume that the others who previously said they would join us will follow through. It should be a fine act of devotion, and I am looking forward to it.
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to a member of the City Ring
Colymar Tribe