Letter from the front

General in character posts
Erik

Letter from the front

Post by Erik »

My dear Yealla,
We have a lull in the fighting out here in Tarsh so I am able at last to write this letter to you. I am well and unwounded, indeed I do feel I was ever in serious danger, so well did Warlord Rufus and our men serve. Alas, the campaign has been inconclusive so far, we have gravely damaged the Lunar enemy and destroyed many of his supply convoys but he is not yet driven from these lands. I have been fortunate enough to take some lunars from the pouch of an enemy commander who no longer has need of it. In the latest skirmish he rode out from his men and challenged me to single combat. He was brave, but foolish, and charged straight on to my spear.
I was very sad to have to leave you at the start of the month, but duty called. On my way from the city I waited at the Dragon gate in case the rogue Broar should finally find his courage and face me in our pre arranged affair of honour. Of course he failed to do so. I was also sad that I had to miss the wedding of our friends Ivarenna and Silast, but I hope you enjoyed yourself at the celebration. Did they like our gift to them?
A young man called Torben of the Balmyr has written to me to ask for a job. I have offered him the role of groom or coachman, perhaps you could confer with Ondurga to see which would be more suitable?
I will return to Boldhome at the end of next month, before setting out on Quatlu's planned Heroquest. I will count the moments until I see you once more.

Your lover,

Erik