Rules Questions

An OOC part of the forum. IC posts will be deleted.
Afur

Re: Rules Questions

Post by Afur »

Do the Gods, or at least the Priesthood, not look dimly upon those offering Resurrection (or other boons) for sale?
Afur Brekalisson
First son of a Thane of the Colymar tribe
Warlord of the Colymar Cavalry
Assistant Rune-Lord of Ernalda, the Earth Mother
Initiate, Cult of Orlanth
Charisma: 14
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Afur wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:18 pm Do the Gods, or at least the Priesthood, not look dimly upon those offering Resurrection (or other boons) for sale?
No, they don’t. It makes the cult donations increase.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Erinestra wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:02 pm
If I may: you neglect the potential earnings from people spending their ConCon at the shop I think. Certainly I made a profit on my small shop. Although my incompetence at gaining levels of CHA has helped :-)
[/quote]

Johannes did indeed just use base Support, to come up with with net income of 21 Lunars per month (see below). His understandable concern is - being CHA 5 - he may be forced to sell prematurely and lose 66 Lunars. Alternatives would be to avoid Merchant as a career path, or not to increase his CHA (and isn't that the whole point of coming to Boldhome in the first place?).

Small Shop Income, not in Guild, CHA 5
Support from others 12 (2 xCHA 3 people @ 2L pp) + 50% of own support 5 (50% x 2 x CHA) = Total base income 17

times…

Shop Type Modifier 0.3 (Small = 0.3) + Weekly duties 0.4 (two weeks) + Skill Modifier 1.1 (average for Trade 6) + Merchants Guild 0 = Total modifier 1.8

Estimated income = 17 x 1.8 = 31 Lunars - cost of shop/turn 10 (Small = 10) - Merchants Guild dues 0 = Net income of 21 Lunars

Incidentally, it's much worse for people with less Trade skill (lower multiple), or an Initiate (donate 5%), or a member of the Merchants Guild (pay 25 Lunars per turn!)
Last edited by Johannes on Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Johannes Arasikson
Issaries
Charisma 5
grumbold99

Post by grumbold99 »

Having found myself at the front unexpectedly, I have a couple of questions:

Is the battalion now at the front for the entire quarter, or are we back home for the next set of orders?
Is the lowest rank at which you make a battle roll and stand a chance of increasing it Hundred-Thane?
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

In reviewing the table under Cult Promotions, I noticed that there seems to be a step missing for promotion to Assistant Rune Lord, and from Asst Rune Lord to the next level(s) in the cult hierarchy. Can you please amend the chart for us eager beavers on the lower ladder rungs? Thanks! :)
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to a member of the City Ring
Colymar Tribe
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

grumbold99 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:43 pm Having found myself at the front unexpectedly, I have a couple of questions:

Is the battalion now at the front for the entire quarter, or are we back home for the next set of orders?
Is the lowest rank at which you make a battle roll and stand a chance of increasing it Hundred-Thane?
Yes in both cases.

Anyone at the front stays there until the end of the Period.

A Hundred-thane makes a Battle roll, but it only affects their own Personal Outcome. Anyone else in the regiment uses the Regiment's Battle Result.
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Quatlu wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:10 pm In reviewing the table under Cult Promotions, I noticed that there seems to be a step missing for promotion to Assistant Rune Lord, and from Asst Rune Lord to the next level(s) in the cult hierarchy. Can you please amend the chart for us eager beavers on the lower ladder rungs? Thanks! :)
Oops. Fixed.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

grumbold99 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:43 pm Having found myself at the front unexpectedly, I have a couple of questions:

I wonder whether the answer is slightly oversimplified. In a normal regiment, the battalions are led by the Lt Warlord and the two Hundred -Thanes; but if the unit has taken heavy casualties, junior officers have to step up for the remainder of the campaign.
So if in the first battle a Hundred-Thane becomes a casualty (and there are no promotions), the senior Ten-thane will be in command of the lowest-ranked battalion for the next turn, just as if somehow there were only one officer left, that officer would command the regiment regardless of rank.

This is the way it works in most games (and indeed in real life); is it the same in Boldhome?
Fionn the dagger, soldier (leader Free Philosophers) and scholar (Loremaster).
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Rhosyn wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:13 am This is the way it works in most games (and indeed in real life); is it the same in Boldhome?
Yes. The more specific answer would be "the acting Battalion commander".
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

In the "Civilian Appointments Table", there is a column for CHA. Is this the minimum a PC has to have before applyingfor the role? For example, could Johannes (CHA 5) could apply as Aide to the City Lawspeaker (CHA 4)?

And I dont understand the "1D6" column. He would have to roll a 7 on a D6?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!
Johannes Arasikson
Issaries
Charisma 5