Rules Questions

An OOC part of the forum. IC posts will be deleted.
Puckohue
GM

Re: Rules Questions

Post by Puckohue »

Rufus wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:33 pm Can characters at the front can still do pre-turn activities, such as borrowing/repaying money, apply for appointments, make resignation requests etc? :)
Characters at the front can do several pre-turn activities. Section 32 of the rules has more details.
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

grumbold99 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:06 am What happens if you open a market stand shop and later your charisma rises to be beyond the upper range 5? Are you obliged to sell it?
Yes.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Thanks Puckohue, that is helpful.
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Is it intended that the Twin Spears (part of the Heavy Brigade) count as a Magic Regiment while the Snakepipe Dancers (part of the Magical Union Brigade) do not?

Not that either of them would allow me to do anything but sweep the stables, but still interested.
Fionn the dagger, soldier (leader Free Philosophers) and scholar (Loremaster).
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Rhosyn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:41 pm Is it intended that the Twin Spears (part of the Heavy Brigade) count as a Magic Regiment while the Snakepipe Dancers (part of the Magical Union Brigade) do not?
No, that's not intended, I'll swap the "magic" tag between them immediately. Thanks for spotting!
Erik

Post by Erik »

Puckohue wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:24 am
Rhosyn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:41 pm Is it intended that the Twin Spears (part of the Heavy Brigade) count as a Magic Regiment while the Snakepipe Dancers (part of the Magical Union Brigade) do not?
No, that's not intended, I'll swap the "magic" tag between them immediately. Thanks for spotting!
Ok, cross the Twin Spears off the list of the next regiment to join....
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

A few posts up, Grumbold99 was told that exceeding the Max CHA for a shop triggers a compulsory sale. Johannes, being a numbers guy, has estimated that with a small number of regular customers a Trade 6 character running a Small Shop could average about 20L per turn.

However if currently at CHA5, a new owner may only be able to earn that for another two turns before he's forced to sell for a loss of 77L. Which makes this a disincentive for new Merchants to even start! Maybe it's a clever trick by the Guild to prevent new competition, but he doesn't think this is what was intended (and effectively closes down this line of character development).

This rule doesn't make sense to him. He could understand if it was "can't buy a shop if your Max CHA is greater than..." but surely the timing of a sale should be the character's choice?

(Would the GM please consider a small change?)
Johannes Arasikson
Issaries
Charisma 5
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Johannes wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:04 am (Would the GM please consider a small change?)
I'll take a look at it. Busy atm getting the turn done.
Erinestra

Post by Erinestra »

Johannes wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:04 am A few posts up, Grumbold99 was told that exceeding the Max CHA for a shop triggers a compulsory sale. Johannes, being a numbers guy, has estimated that with a small number of regular customers a Trade 6 character running a Small Shop could average about 20L per turn.

However if currently at CHA5, a new owner may only be able to earn that for another two turns before he's forced to sell for a loss of 77L. Which makes this a disincentive for new Merchants to even start! Maybe it's a clever trick by the Guild to prevent new competition, but he doesn't think this is what was intended (and effectively closes down this line of character development).

This rule doesn't make sense to him. He could understand if it was "can't buy a shop if your Max CHA is greater than..." but surely the timing of a sale should be the character's choice?

(Would the GM please consider a small change?)
If I may: you neglect the potential earnings from people spending their ConCon at the shop I think. Certainly I made a profit on my small shop. Although my incompetence at gaining levels of CHA has helped :-)
Erinestra Harvanasdaughter
Third daughter of a Free Carl of the Locaem tribe
Assistant Rune Lord of Issaries
Lay member of Eurmal
Owner of Erinestra's Emporium Extraordinaire
Charisma: 12
Erik

Post by Erik »

On applying for promotion within a cult the rules state that an Initiate may apply for position of Assistant Priest (leapfrogging posts of God-Talker, Assistant Rune Lord and Rune Lord) . Is this correct? It also seems paradoxical that a God Talker will find it easier to be promoted to Assistant Priest (6 on a D6) than to Rune Lord (7 on a D6).