Rules Questions

An OOC part of the forum. IC posts will be deleted.
Puckohue
GM

Re: Rules Questions

Post by Puckohue »

Erik wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:16 pm Can a character who is an Initiate or higher of Ernalda be both a regimental healer and also be an officer of a regiment? If so, must it be the same regiment?
No. I'll edit the rules to state (as intended) that this is instead of joining a regiment as a soldier/officer.
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

A clarification for all those joining regiments, with a goal to join a particular one. If they are rejected in one week, can they then come back in subsequent weeks to try again with that same regiment? Is there a dice roll penalty for doing so?
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to a member of the City Ring
Colymar Tribe
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

If a character is trying to gain a post as Aide to an Eorl, and is also trying to gain a rank in a temple, is that character prohibited from gaining rank in a temple if successful in becoming Aide to an Eorl that same turn?
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to a member of the City Ring
Colymar Tribe
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Quatlu wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:19 am If a character is trying to gain a post as Aide to an Eorl, and is also trying to gain a rank in a temple, is that character prohibited from gaining rank in a temple if successful in becoming Aide to an Eorl that same turn?
No. Cult rank is comparable to regiment rank. It doesn't count as an "appointment".
Erik

Post by Erik »

Hundred Thane Afur is,(I believe, he can correct me if I am wrong) planning on going on campaign this month with his squadron (if he cannot persudae the warlord to commit the entire regiment. Now if his ten Thanes are unlucky enough to be killed will this move Quatlu and myself from 3rd to 2nd squadrons? If this does happen, will we automatically go to the front in Late Earth (as Afur needs to continue at the front until the end of Autumn). I have no objection to going on campaign but it helps to plan ahead!
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Erik wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:47 pm f his ten Thanes are unlucky enough to be killed will this move Quatlu and myself from 3rd to 2nd squadrons? If this does happen, will we automatically go to the front in Late Earth (as Afur needs to continue at the front until the end of Autumn).
Yes! Officers move up to replace casualties. If you because of this end up in a part of the regiment that is at the front, you go to the front to do your duty.
Lavi

Post by Lavi »

Humm the rules say "When visiting the Temple of Uleria there is a 1 in 6 chance the character is
caught up in erotocomatose lucidity and donates all money they brought to the
temple, even if they did not order intimate companionship."

During Late Fire this was a 6, last turn it was a 1. Odds wise its the same I know, but out of interest which is it supposed to be? :)
Lavi Sharpspear of the Locaem tribe.
Looking for options.
Lay member of Lhankor Mhy.
Charisma 4.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Can characters at the front can still do pre-turn activities, such as borrowing/repaying money, apply for appointments, make resignation requests etc? :)
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
grumbold99

Post by grumbold99 »

What happens if you open a market stand shop and later your charisma rises to be beyond the upper range 5? Are you obliged to sell it?
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Lavi wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:06 pm ...erotocomatose lucidity...
...During Late Fire this was a 6, last turn it was a 1. Odds wise its the same I know, but out of interest which is it supposed to be? :)
Hehe, I suppose it's "1", but in practice it's the number in parentheses in the dice roll notation.