Last visit to Pea Pod before campaign

General in character posts
Quatlu

Re: Last visit to Pea Pod before campaign

Post by Quatlu »

Quatlu nodded in agreement with Jarrek's response to Erik and Rufus. "You're an honorable man, Jarrek, and I applaud your position on changing regiments. It's the right thing to do. We'll all see this campaign through, and the doors will open wide for you to move up and continue your advancement in Boldhome." He took a swig of his drink and said, "As to Broar, if he is still officially in Mularik's Company and misses a full-blown regimental movement, then he might be considered a deserter, might he not? The penalty for desertion in wartime is serious indeed."
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to a member of the City Ring
Colymar Tribe
Julian

Post by Julian »

Julian, taking a short break from regimental duties and his lover potters round to the Pea Pod. He sees Jorl the proprietor as he enters and greets him, “Good Jorl how are you? It’s good to be here again. Like the flower pots!” Then he espies Erik and Qualatu at their table. “Gentlemen I have wonderful news…. I have a lover! I am over the moon. Yet I have been preparing the regiment for the campaign…… How complicated life is. to be fair I am anxious about the Front. I survived my last visit and am better prepared this time round but I would be a liar if I claimed to be delighted at facing our foes. And the weather…..”

“Anyhow how are you and can you give me any advice? What has happened to Johannes and the Hot Tasty Pizza stall?

And when we return….shall we meet here again?”
Julian Sartarvutson
A Ten Thane in the
Colymar Tribe
Orlanth by Choice
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

Quatlu smiled as a jubilant Julian came over to join them at the table. "Congratulations on finding a mistress, Julian", Quatlu said with a knowing smile, "you will now be privy to some of the best benefits a man can earn in Boldhome." It was nice seeing the lively character that Julian now brought to the table, as though a great weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

In speaking of the pending campaign season, Quatlu looked at Julian and said, "My friend, here you sit, having survived two consecutive months in the Colymar levies, covered in glory and heavy of purse. And you ask me for advice? Well sir, I am looking to you for your opinions based on knowledge gaining in battle and not in a book at the Temple, as I have done. You are an honored veteran whom I am delighted to call my friend and Sword Brother. I shall try to follow in your footsteps and serve my King and Orlanth as well as you have done. The best advice given here this day has been to listen to your veteran sergeants, as they have what it takes to survive and excel at the Front."

A pause to take a swig off his mug and he added, "As to Johannes and his Hot Tasty Pizza stall in the market, I know only that he supposedly decided to close down and return home. May Issaries bless him."
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Colymar Tribe
Harold

Post by Harold »

Harold made his way into the noisy room, the hubbub of noise & friendly laughter surrounded him. He strolled casually towards the table where Quatlu & his friends were seated, they seemed to be having a great time, one last blow out before going to the front.
Knowing this stiffened his resolve to do what he intended.
"Gentlemen," he addressed the assembled warriors"I have been trying to distract myself with study these last few months, in those dark & lonely hours alone, with only a flickering flame to warm my soul, I often thought of the camaraderie & friendship you shared, so I decided that rather sit & be sorry for myself I should do something about it, I intend to purchase a horse & get myself enlisted, in a Regiment of the King, so that I may do my bit in these troubled times. Do any of you have any contacts or ideas that may help guide my course?"
Erik

Post by Erik »

"Welcome Harold" said Erik. "We do not stand on ceremony here at the Pea Pod. Draw up a chair. Jorl here will get you a drink. What is your tipple?"
Once Harold was seated Erik continued. "Rufus is Warlord of Mularik's Company, but sadly you are not quite of rank to join us in that unit. However, if you wish to remain in Boldhome for one month and try to rise your social level, you could join next month as a warrior. If that is not what you desire, my own suggestion would be to apply to the Colymar Cavalry. You are qualified to be a Ten Thane of that regiment."
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

Quatlu was very pleased to see Harold enter the Pea Pod and he waved him over to the table, and brought over an empty chair from a nearby table. "Good to see you, Harold", he said with a genuine smile. He listened to Harold and then Erik, as advice was offered to help the young man choose wisely. "I concur with Erik, Harold, the Colymar Cavalry has an opening for a Ten Thane, or even a Thane if your purse is light. We know it is a good regiment as several of us, including Erik and myself, have served in its ranks. If you wish I would be happy to try and use some influence with the Warlord to help you enlist. Then you can purchase whatever commission your purse allows. If you want to try and reach a little higher on the greasy pole, you might try for enlistment in Twin Spears Regiment, which is heavy cavalry. But the decision is yours to make, and we will support you no matter what choice you make."
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Colymar Tribe