Rules Questions

An OOC part of the forum. IC posts will be deleted.
Ondurga

Re: Rules Questions

Post by Ondurga »

grumbold99 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:54 pm So if we want to create a vacancy early, we call for a resignation?
Jumping on this, if Jarrek knows Grumbold is going for promotion to hundred thane, can he use that knowledge to buy promotion Grumbold's freshly vacated ten thane seat?

If that works then I'm happy to add Jarrek's influence in support of Grumbold's call for a resignation.
Ondurga Yorisdaughter of the Bachad
Afur

Post by Afur »

Normally in En Garde! yes - just order buy promotion if any vacancy - so probably ok here too. Just beware of any 3 month rule - have to be in post 3 months before can buy a promotion...
Afur Brekalisson
First son of a Thane of the Colymar tribe
Warlord of the Colymar Cavalry
Assistant Rune-Lord of Ernalda, the Earth Mother
Initiate, Cult of Orlanth
Charisma: 14
grumbold99

Post by grumbold99 »

Afur wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:03 am Normally in En Garde! yes - just order buy promotion if any vacancy - so probably ok here too. Just beware of any 3 month rule - have to be in post 3 months before can buy a promotion...
I was looking at the influencable civic and military appontments rather than the ranked titles in the army or priesthood. I don't think there's a waiting time between e.g. promoting to Ten-Thane and asking to be a regimental adjutant?
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Afur wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:03 am Just beware of any 3 month rule
There's no 3 turn rule for the regiments. Only for the cults.
Lavi

Post by Lavi »

Am I correct in thinking there are no requirements to join the cult of Orlanth?
Lavi Sharpspear of the Locaem tribe.
Looking for options.
Lay member of Lhankor Mhy.
Charisma 4.
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Olaff wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:53 am Am I correct in thinking there are no requirements to join the cult of Orlanth?
Yes!
Erik

Lovers from hostile tribes/cults

Post by Erik »

If I meet a PC who is accompanied by their NPC lover who is from a tribe or cult hostile to myself, will that lead to a spontaneous duel between myself and the NPC? If so, will I then face a challenge from their lover? What if 2 NPC lovers who are hostile meet, will they duel?
(I have no desire to annoy Erinestra by having to duel Eslana if we meet at Afur's party!)
Puckohue
GM

Re: Lovers from hostile tribes/cults

Post by Puckohue »

Erik wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:57 pm If I meet a PC who is accompanied by their NPC lover who is from a tribe or cult hostile to myself, will that lead to a spontaneous duel between myself and the NPC?
No. Tribal and cult hostilities towards (potential) lovers are only "active" when courting.
Erinestra

Re: Lovers from hostile tribes/cults

Post by Erinestra »

Erik wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:57 pm If I meet a PC who is accompanied by their NPC lover who is from a tribe or cult hostile to myself, will that lead to a spontaneous duel between myself and the NPC? If so, will I then face a challenge from their lover? What if 2 NPC lovers who are hostile meet, will they duel?
(I have no desire to annoy Erinestra by having to duel Eslana if we meet at Afur's party!)
I applaud your question as I'd hate to have to give another axe demonstration.
Erinestra Harvanasdaughter
Third daughter of a Free Carl of the Locaem tribe
Assistant Rune Lord of Issaries
Lay member of Eurmal
Owner of Erinestra's Emporium Extraordinaire
Charisma: 12
Lavi

Post by Lavi »

Is there an infinite NPC Nobles or is there a table with them listed?
Lavi Sharpspear of the Locaem tribe.
Looking for options.
Lay member of Lhankor Mhy.
Charisma 4.