Question on raising Constitution

An OOC part of the forum. IC posts will be deleted.
grumbold99

Question on raising Constitution

Post by grumbold99 »

Is there a method for increasing one's constitution, or is a sickly stripling destined to remain one forever and best off considering a career as a shopkeeper?
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.
Puckohue
GM

Re: Question on raising Constitution

Post by Puckohue »

grumbold99 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:33 pm increasing one's constitution
There's no way at this time.

Do you have a suggestion as to how a character could increase their CON? The easiest way would be training as per the rules for STR.
Torben

Post by Torben »

grumbold99 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:33 pm Is there a method for increasing one's constitution, or is a sickly stripling destined to remain one forever and best off considering a career as a shopkeeper?
Fear ye not brave Sir, help is at hand!

As it so happens the Malani Tribe passed down to me the secrets of a most wonderful health tonic which, coincidentally, I have just brewed a batch of and it's called 'Broar's Beef-me-up Beverage', guaranteed to raise your constitution (as well as a few other things, nudge, nudge, wink, wink!). I can let you have a goatskin's worth for just 20 lunars, what a bargain eh! Send me the lunars, C/o the Chalana Arroy Hospital (I'm currently recuperating after seeing off that Afur rogue) and you'll feel like a new man within a week.
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
grumbold99

Post by grumbold99 »

Puckohue wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:49 pm
grumbold99 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:33 pm increasing one's constitution
There's no way at this time.

Do you have a suggestion as to how a character could increase their CON? The easiest way would be training as per the rules for STR.
I'm not sure. If it's the same as Str then those who are born naturally gifted are able to increase it further with equal ease and are at considerably less risk while doing so. Their inborn advantage allows them to persue military careers and duels with a lower degree of danger, so they can train as part of their daily life. Unlike other stats like power, trade and battle where the amount of training time and cost required is magnified the higher you wish to elevate it. But the game doesn't have to be fair any more than life does ;)

The alternative could be something like a gymnasium or hunting order where the amount of orders you need to submit is reflective of how high your stat already is.
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.