To my Lady Ivarenna

General in character posts
Erik

To my Lady Ivarenna

Post by Erik »

My Lady,

I was very pleased to see His Majesty award you your well deserved title of Baroness at the recent Autumn feast and I regret that you have felt the need to resign from our regiment. However I fully understand your reasons and I respect your choice.
I greatly respect your decision to challenge me last month, it is good to see that most of the good people of Boldhome are willing to defend their honour and not to try to use increasingly ludicrous and cowardly methods to avoid a duel. I trust that you were not badly wounded in our affair. Hopefully your new title and rise in social level will reduce the chances of any further need for us to cross spear and sword.
I wish you well in your future military career and hope to see you soon at the Temple of Orlanth or elsewhere.

Your friend,

Erik Stargazer
Ivarenna

Re: To my Lady Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

Greetings valorous Erik! Many thanks for your kind words.

I too was sorry to leave Mularik's regiment. But it had to be for the sake of honour!

I salute your superior combat skills. And indeed, honour has been satisfied and there is no need for another duel at present. Perhaps you will one day be recognised for your services to this fair city and be ennobled.

I look forward to meeting you at the temple where we can join together in worship of Orlanth!

best regards, likewise your friend,

Ivarenna
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Goldgotti the City Treasurer
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane, Third Battalion, Mularik's Company