There appears to be some confusion!

General in character posts
Torben

There appears to be some confusion!

Post by Torben »

To: All my dear friends back in Boldhome,

Hello to you from a warm day here in Snakepipe Hollow, or Pass, or whatever it's called? As you know I'm currently out of the City on a Hero Quest for the Cult of Broar the Benevolent, I set off following that vision I had from blessed Chalana Arroy who revealed to me that if I'm able to come back with a trophy of the skull of the King of the Broos then that would prove my place as a Lightbringer God and Chalana Arroy will marry me, thus uniting our two cults or, at least, make them fully associated together.

Now, my good cousin, young Brear Hofarson, who I am regularly in contact with courtesy of the old Mindspeech spell that I have, has recently informed me that there have been some 'disquieting rumours' circulating that he and I are the same person!! Of course, such rumours are totally ridiculous as I'm Broar and he's Brear, I've got the brown hair and no moustache and he has the black hair and a fine moustache plus I'm all the way out here on this Hero Quest and he is back in Boldhome looking after my temple so how in the name of Sartar can we be the same person?! You see therefore how plain silly these rumours are but I guess people love to gossip and I'm sure it's just a case of the reality getting a little lost in translation.

Anyway, I've also asked cousin Brear to stick a few notices up around the City, in the Market, outside of regimental barracks, on the front door of my temple etc clarifying the situation for people which I hope will mean all such rumour and gossip will shortly be a thing of the past and I can get on with being God Broar and cousin Brear, well he get along with being Brear. I've also asked him to send word via the Boldhome Crier to everyone which will be yet further proof that we are separate individuals as it would be a bit daft if I was writing everything myself and just pretending to be him, especially as I'm a God and he isn't, see!

To finish, I hope to be back with you all soon, realistically after Fire Season I suspect, tracking down this King Broo is not easy task I can tell you, I've lost track of the number of common Broo that I've had to vanquish and some nasty looking Scorpion type people, great big clubs and stingy tails, yuk they're not a pretty sight to say the least and they keep going on about how they intend to eat me! Doesn't frighten old Broar though as once they realise who it is they're dealing with....whooooossshhh....they're off quicker than you can say....what's that word cousin Brear said people were saying....ah, yes 'incognito', was that it? Strange word, never heard of it before and I have to admit I don't even know what it means....something about a wheel?

Watch out for my triumphant return and keep an eye out for me carrying that King of the Broo skull aloft as I enter the city gates, I can almost hear the cheers and shouts of joy now, see the masses of people crying out praises to God Broar and the gossip as people get ready for the divine wedding of me and Chalana Arroy, the exciting times we live in eh!
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
grumbold99

Re: There appears to be some confusion!

Post by grumbold99 »

Well, that's excellent news.

When those excitable military types like Col. Bronzer bring up allegations of desertion, the High Priest of Chalana Arroy will be able to assure them that your Hero Quest was entirely genuine despite nobody outside of the highest levels of cult leadership having heard of anyone Hero Questing outside of Sacred Time. With her support, all charges are bound to be dismissed instantly and there will be no need for a public execution or any other robust punishment measures that the humourless military leadership can come up with. Whatever their suspicions, they couldn't possibly gainsay the cult leadership in this matter.
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.
Torben

Re: There appears to be some confusion!

Post by Torben »

grumbold99 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:40 pm Well, that's excellent news.

When those excitable military types like Col. Bronzer bring up allegations of desertion, the High Priest of Chalana Arroy will be able to assure them that your Hero Quest was entirely genuine despite nobody outside of the highest levels of cult leadership having heard of anyone Hero Questing outside of Sacred Time. With her support, all charges are bound to be dismissed instantly and there will be no need for a public execution or any other robust punishment measures that the humourless military leadership can come up with. Whatever their suspicions, they couldn't possibly gainsay the cult leadership in this matter.
Grumbold, my old matey,

You're spot on friend, if Col. Bronzer (what is this Col. you speak of, Col = Colymar?) should try any of the old funny business you can bet your last lunar piece that Chalana Arroy will have any notions of charges, public execution or robust punishment etc well and truly dismissed. You see I regularly communicate with the blessed Goddess, well, one does when marriage looms, and she can speak through me SO if Col.Bronzer turns up and tried to start quoting any of that nonsense all I need do is, like right in his face, go up to him and Chalana Arroy will say to him, through me "This is Chalana Arroy, I'm speaking to you directly through my husband here, God Broar, and all that you're saying is utter rubbish, go away you silly man before you make me cross"!

He's not going to try and argue that one out is he, seek to oppose a God, especially a nice one like her too! Therefore don't go worrying yourself and just get ready from my return and I might even let you drink out of the King Broo's skull as I intend to turn it into a tankard.

I also need to let you know that Hero Questing is normally carried out during Sacred Time but that's for the actual established Lightbringer Gods BUT when one is seeking to become an established Lightbringer God too, those rules don't apply because you're not actually one yet so you have to have a different rule, i.e. so I have to go outside of Sacred Time but once I'm established, don't you worry I'll be there with the rest of them and any future Hero Quests will be in line with everyone else. Glad I could clarify that for you, always keen to help.
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩