Brear Hofarson

General in character posts
Puckohue
GM

Brear Hofarson

Post by Puckohue »

Please welcome newcomer Brear Hofarson, the first son of a free Malani chieftain.
Fionn

Re: Brear Hofarson

Post by Fionn »

Welcome to Boldhome Brear.

Your brother is certainly well-known; are you intending to follow in his footsteps?
Fionn the dagger, soldier (leader Free Philosophers) and scholar (Loremaster).
Brear Hofarson

Post by Brear Hofarson »

Hello Fionn

Broar is my cousin, not my brother although we do look quite similar, almost twin-like but I have black hair and Broar has brown hair, plus I have a fine moustache and Broar doesn't.

Still I'm looking to get settled in and to take up my job with this Erik Stargazer.

Brear Hofarson
Son of a Malani Chieftain
grumbold99

Post by grumbold99 »

Greetings Brear

I hope you have a successful time in Boldhome. Unfortunately you come at a time when the King and many of his loyal subjects are heading off on campaign.

Your cousin has certainly made quite a name for himself locally, but I fear his reputation is one of an eccentric. His actions and announcements sound more like the utterings of a follower of Eurmal than Chalana Arroy. I regret that may include this suggestion that you have a guaranteed job with Eric Stargazer. He is looking for servants, but the only direct offer was made to Broar himself and the mentioned salary of 60L was an annual one for staying away from his house, not an up-front fee payable on employment.

When I return from campaign I intend to expand my shop. If you display suitable qualities as a craftsman I may be able to employ you then, but I urge you to boldly sign up and do some military service at the front first. It would be a good way to set your own reputation apart from that of your cousin and make some valuable society connections.

Grumbold Rahlefson
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.
Brear Hofarson

Post by Brear Hofarson »

To Grumbold Rahlefson,

Thank you for those kind words my friend, much appreciated although I was disappointed to hear about the job as housekeeper at that Erik Stargazer's place, is that how you spell his name, I could have sworn cousin Broar pronounced it different to that, must be my hearing playing up? Anyway I won't let such disappointments deter me from finding some work or a suitable vocation / career here in the City. Indeed, I've already made some enquiries about joining a regiment, a couple of them really took my attention, and so I've publicly announced my intention to apply to them at the start of Fire Season which, I'm also led to believe, is also the start of the new Campaign Season, right? That certainly got me fired up as I'm very keen to let people see how we Hofarsons can be top warriors as well as top healers, trouble is I've only just found out that both of the regiments I've applied for aren't actually scheduled to go to the Front, what lousy luck is that!! Still, at least I'll be a military man, a true warrior and I'm sure there's always next year when they're bound to get picked to join the army for the campaign.

Cousin Broar also asked me to put up some notices around the City to make clear this confusion over Broar and I, apparently, being the same person! I said to cousin Broar, are you sure people are saying this because that's just crazy as I'm me and you're you! You with the brown hair and no moustache and me with the black hair and fine moustache, two different people right, some people do have the most vivid imagination!

Going back to an issue I raised in my first address to Boldhome, upon my recent arrival, this business about crimes and infringements and cult misdemeanours etc, there have been one or two teeny-weeny voices saying that cousin Broar might get arrested for being a coward, deserting his regiment and not being truthful about a few things. I hope I can dismiss such talk immediately by letting you all know what a thoroughly decent man my cousin Broar is, he's a little diamond really, gallant, kind, thoughtful, very helpful, generous to the needy, brave, so many wonderful traits I don't think a page could be long enough to cover them all, I'd probably have to write a book!! Anyway, my point is, why would anyone even dream of arresting cousin Broar, after all he is a God and about to marry Chalana Arroy when he get's back with that Broo King's head. Think of all the benefits to the people of Boldhome that one of their own is married to Blessed Chalana Arroy, there's got to be heaps of benefits for residents!

Lastly, cousin Broar is able to keep in touch with me through a spell he has, I think it's called Mindspeech or something, which is really handy as that lets us keep each other up to date with developments, how good's that!! I said just now what a decent man (oops, sorry God) he is, here's proof for you he has invested me as a the High Priest of Cult Broar the Benevolent...who'd have guessed it, me a High Priest...wow! Such a role means I can sign people up to Cult Broar the Benevolent while God Broar is away, so come along one and all as there's quite a few nice positions still going, great value prices too!

Keep well and let's keep God Broar in our prayers, confident in his ultimate victory!

Brear (not Broar) Hofarson
High Priest of Cult Broar the Benevolent