To: All Orlanth members

General in character posts
Torben

To: All Orlanth members

Post by Torben »

My dear Brothers & Sisters,

I must confess to still being on somewhat of a 'high' following my initiation into our marvellous cult.

Time after time I find my mind going back to that sacred ceremony where, alongside others, I listened intently to the words of the High Priest as he extolled to us the following -

" The Six Virtues of Orlanth—courage, wisdom, generosity, justice, honor, and piety—essential qualities valued by Orlanth". As I listened I gained insight into the significance of honor as the most cherished virtue, pivotal for the universe's existence. The High Priest went onto detail how Orlanth and his worshippers are expected to uphold these virtues, and those who violate their oaths and fail to honor their word may face consequences from Orlanth's Spirits of Reprisal.

Soooo....having every respect for this High Priest, as I'm sure 99% of you do, it has since troubled me when I look at the blatant disregard for at least two of our Virtues, Generosity & Piety, by one of our own, and one who is a God Talker too!!

Yes, you've probably all guessed it by now, this 1%, it's that damn Evil Erik again! He advertises his willingness to support those in need of a little financial support BUT then goes and promptly denies such to a fellow Orlanthi, Regimental, Inn etc colleague! Not only is this plain nasty but it also clearly breaches our Virtues!

Now, I leave it to the Gods and those in positions of authority to deal with these terrible infringements as I'm not a vindictive man (well, God actually) simply a man (God) of peace and kindness. I am, however, looking to see those other amongst our Cult who are prepared to step forward and demonstrate that they are true to our Virtues.......you can do this easily enough by lending me 25 lunars each.....thus proving your piety and aiding a fellow Orlanthi (and fellow Light Bringer God).

You can send the lunars to me C/o either The Scribbled Scroll, Mularik's Company Barracks, the Chalana Arroy Temple or why not just direct to me as we pass in the Orlanthi Temple? Couldn't be more simple and that's why I try and do for my fellow colleagues and cultists, as well as provide free healing to any of you if you are ever sick, extend discount rates to join Cult Broar, offer invites to my up market Inn, receive some useful duelling techniques and tips from Boldhome's leading duellist champion (albeit now retired) and use what influence I have available to assist you in a particular endeavour etc.
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩