A God's anguish.....and plan!!

General in character posts
Torben

A God's anguish.....and plan!!

Post by Torben »

"Bloody Money Lenders", raged God Broar to himself, "Tight fisted gits, wanting back monies with interest so soon! I told them it takes time for a new God to get himself established within the City, especially when he is a God that bucks the trend of the established pantheon by actually being a god living amongst his own people, rather than sat up in a cloud somewhere, or ensconced in some divine setting.

No, no this wouldn't do he had far to many other pressing issues upon his time than to keep juggling these seasonal debts around and it was high time to get them wiped off or repaid for good.... but....how...? Now, there was the plea to his new Orlanthi colleagues that he'd issued, and the marriage proposal to that Dinacoli woman but he couldn't just rely upon these, in case anything went wrong....there had to be a further 'Path of Gold (or, rather, Lunars) to come up with....

Ah, yes, this Cult Initiate business.....a guaranteed fat 10 lunars a season salary for anyone who is an Initiate...hmmmh....well, he was in two Cults already (3, actually, if he counted his own) so that was 20 lunars a season and it required a whole week to join another one...BUT...being an Initiate of 2 cults took up a whole season in cult duties....damn! HOWEVER.....don't turn up for 1 month to 1 cult means you can join 2 others instead of doing cult duties...thus, that's another guaranteed 20 lunars against the loss the following season of being demoted by one of your original 2.....then, the following season, join 2 others for another 20 lunars....probably kicked out by 1 cult but still the lunars coming in........Oh, Broar you genius....no wonder you're a God".
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Ivarenna

Re: A God's anguish.....and plan!!

Post by Ivarenna »

OOC Responded to your post in appointments already with this but probably better here.

Nice cunning plan but ....

Be careful Broar. Rules state "If a character does not fulfil all cult obligations in a turn they are relegated one step in each cult." I would read that to mean if you don't do all your required weeks of duty then you get relegated one step, ie from initiate to lay member in Each cult you belong to (not just those cults where you failed to fulfil your obligations). Correct me if I am wrong but that is how I interpret it.
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Goldgotti the City Treasurer
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane, Third Battalion, Mularik's Company
Torben

Post by Torben »

Ondureen wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:35 pm OOC Responded to your post in appointments already with this but probably better here.

Be careful Broar. Rules state "If a character does not fulfil all cult obligations in a turn they are relegated one step in each cult." I would read that to mean if you don't do all your required weeks of duty then you get relegated one step, ie from initiate to lay member in Each cult you belong to (not just those cults where you failed to fulfil your obligations). Correct me if I am wrong but that is how I interpret it.
OOC - Arrrrggghh, damn bureaucrats with their sneaky little petty rules!! However, thank you for the point out and it looks like it's back to the drawing board for poor old Broar, not easy being a God whose misunderstood you know!
Torben Dungshuvler
💩
Erik

Post by Erik »

Ondureen wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:35 pm OOC Responded to your post in appointments already with this but probably better here.

Did you have to tell him? You spoiled the surprise the true gods had in store!
Torben

Post by Torben »

Erik wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:42 am

See, look he can't stop himself again.....didn't I keep pointing this out to all of you!! It's the start of a New year, I'm a fellow Orlanthi, I'm in his own regiment, sworn to save everyone in it which includes him (!)......yet he keeps having a go at me.....I hope you all see this!
Torben Dungshuvler
💩
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

Erik wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:42 am

season of good will and all that!
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Goldgotti the City Treasurer
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane, Third Battalion, Mularik's Company