Ceremony at the Temple of Orlanth

General in character posts
Ivarenna

Ceremony at the Temple of Orlanth

Post by Ivarenna »

What a day that was! I am talking of course of the ceremony held at the temple of Orlanth in week two of late Dark Season. Such an important ceremony this was, with Orlanth contesting the middle air with the Red Goddess. We all pray for success against the Lunars on the field of battle.

It was great to see so may heroes present at this sacred and solemn ritual. Quatlu Carasilson, Erik Stargazer and Julian Sartarvutson of the esteemed Colymar, and Harold Rastison of the “most noble” Kheldon.

Erik was accompanied by Yealla Kalolasdaughter and they were blessed by the High Priest. I brought my companion Enteth Ullasdaughter to the ceremony. It turns out that she and Yealla are very good friends.

We all congratulated Erik on his recent appointment as regimental adjutant.

I had a long conversation with Julian who was kind enough to introduce me to Quatlu. What excellent fellows they are.

To celebrate a wild boar was slaughtered and we all partook of this along with much beer and wine. A riddling contest ensued, with Harold Rastison the victor.

I will be visiting the temple again in week two of early Storm Season and certainly hope to see everyone there!
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Goldgotti the City Treasurer
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane, Third Battalion, Mularik's Company
Quatlu

Re: Ceremony at the Temple of Orlanth

Post by Quatlu »

Quatlu was most impressed by laymember Ondureen Eoarlsdaughter, who was welcomed at the Ceremony in Week Two. The Sword Sister was very adept at socializing with the cult members present that week, and he would look forward to seeing her at the Week Two Ceremony next Season. Quatlu had begun to consider assembling a team of stalwart companions to engage in a Hero Quest at some point in the future, and he had already added Ondureen to that list of warriors. First they must rise in the temple hierarchy so that one of the group might lead as a Wind Lord. Ah yes, the future was beginning to look quite promising. Stout hearts and strong arms, and the skills to lead them effectively. How bright the future!
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to a member of the City Ring
Colymar Tribe
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

To the hero Quatlu:

It would be my honour to accompany you and other brave warriors on a Hero Quest!
Erik

Post by Erik »

To Ondureen,

Yealla and I were very happy to see you at the Temple of Orlanth last month and look forward to seeing you again in the 2nd week of this. My condolences for failing to find promotion in the service of the Avenging Daughter, your devotion to her will no doubt bring reward in time. I am not as yet of such rank in the hierarchy of the Storm God to help you rise within His ranks, should I gain such power it will be at your command.
I hope to have time this winter to host a party at my club, yourself and the lady Enteth will of course be very welcome. When I firm up my plans I will let yourself and all of our friends know.

Praise Orlanth!

Erik Stargazer
Ondurga

Post by Ondurga »

I fear I have been sadly neglecting my cult duties - you shame me with your devotions where I have fallen short.

I shall endeavour to do better from next month.
Ondurga Yorisdaughter of the Bachad
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

Missed you at the Pea Pod, Jarrek.
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to a member of the City Ring
Colymar Tribe
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

Erik wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:16 pm To Ondureen,

Yealla and I were very happy to see you at the Temple of Orlanth last month and look forward to seeing you again in the 2nd week of this. My condolences for failing to find promotion in the service of the Avenging Daughter, your devotion to her will no doubt bring reward in time. I am not as yet of such rank in the hierarchy of the Storm God to help you rise within His ranks, should I gain such power it will be at your command.
I hope to have time this winter to host a party at my club, yourself and the lady Enteth will of course be very welcome. When I firm up my plans I will let yourself and all of our friends know.

Praise Orlanth!

Erik Stargazer
Many thanks Erik. It would be a pleasure to attend your party. Look forward to seeing you at the temple.

[ooc: once I have been able to get promotion within Babeester Gor I will look to rise to Initiate within Orlanth. Definitely need at least one free week for other stuff!]
Torben

Post by Torben »

Erik wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:16 pm To Ondureen,

Praise Orlanth!

Erik Stargazer
Oooooh....Erik, is it true....do my ears deceive me or is the word on the streets that you're going to be hosting a party correct?!

I'd simply love to come along and if I've managed to secure the post of regimental healer to the Colymar Cavalry we can share a few beers toasting my success and our regimental comradeship.

Let me know what week it is going to be held once you've decided.

May Lhankor Mhy bless you, my old friend.
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩