Letter to Afur

General in character posts
Erik

Letter to Afur

Post by Erik »

My friend Afur,

Many thanks for your assistance in gaining the post of Regimental Adjutant, I am in your debt, if there is anything I can do to aid you just let me know. I was worried about how well I could take over the admin for the regiment, but Quatlu seems to have left everything running smoothly and he trained a good team of clerks to handle the routine paperwork, so all well there. I am very disappointed to see that the Colymar Cavalry are not listed for campaign next Fire season, should we try to alter that?
And imagine my surprise when His Majesty did not reward you with a title after your skill and bravery at the front. I wonder if he is being careful not to be seen to favour members of his own tribe? I know it is not for us to judge our king's actions, but it seems harsh on yourself.
I look forward to seeing you at the Temple of Orlanth this month.

Erik
Torben

Re: Letter to Afur

Post by Torben »

Erik wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:28 pm My friend Afur,

Many thanks for your assistance in gaining the post of Regimental Adjutant, I am in your debt, if there is anything I can do to aid you just let me know. I was worried about how well I could take over the admin for the regiment, but Quatlu seems to have left everything running smoothly and he trained a good team of clerks to handle the routine paperwork, so all well there. I am very disappointed to see that the Colymar Cavalry are not listed for campaign next Fire season, should we try to alter that?
And imagine my surprise when His Majesty did not reward you with a title after your skill and bravery at the front. I wonder if he is being careful not to be seen to favour members of his own tribe? I know it is not for us to judge our king's actions, but it seems harsh on yourself.
I look forward to seeing you at the Temple of Orlanth this month.

Erik
My old chum Afur,

Can I echo brother Erik's frustration about the Colymar Cavalry not being included for action next Fire Season, what a waste as I'm sure we'd* have wiped the floor with the enemy, regardless of who they may be. I think I might drop a message around to various dignitaries in the City asking them to reappraise the whole situation and make some changes to allow us along for the fun!

Likewise, bad luck about not getting a title, I share your pain lad, I really do, as I have been constantly overlooked for the position of an Aide and one can only draw strength and hope that there is a reason for such rebuttal, that a far greater glory lies ahead so keep the old chin up and I'm sure things will change for the better in due course. We Colymar must stick together, whatever life throws at us!

*I know I haven't actually joined yet, just got to get a week off from the Cult business but hopefully that'll be this month.
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Afur

Post by Afur »

Erik,

It was my pleasure. There is no debt between us.

As to honours, I am not yet worthy.

I would be happy for further duty at the Front by the Colymar Cavalry, so yes pressure on the Warlord would not go amiss.

Afur
Afur Brekalisson
First son of a Thane of the Colymar tribe
Warlord of the Colymar Cavalry
Assistant Rune-Lord of Ernalda, the Earth Mother
Initiate, Cult of Orlanth
Charisma: 14
Afur

Post by Afur »

Erik,

The Cavalry Brigade is slated for service this coming Campaign Season. So we will be going!

I have no plans to visit the Temple of Orlanth this Month.

Afur
Afur Brekalisson
First son of a Thane of the Colymar tribe
Warlord of the Colymar Cavalry
Assistant Rune-Lord of Ernalda, the Earth Mother
Initiate, Cult of Orlanth
Charisma: 14