News From the Front

General in character posts
Julian

News From the Front

Post by Julian »

Julian, has survived so far and earned 2 Lunars. He sits in his tattered tent flipping one of the coins idly (but not so idly that he will let it drop into the mud or drop through a gap in the duck-boards keeping his feet just above the water table). Julian thinks about how he’s come a long way already. He was seeking to keep starvation at bay when he joined the Levy and his body and soul are still in the same place! Result!!

His mind wanders back to his Cottar father Gert: Not an easy man to get along with. Always quick to raise his voice or a hand to a child who did not so as it was told quickly enough. He thinks about his dads death. Did he fall into that pond or was he pushed? He owed money and in their village welshing on a debt was serious. Julian ran…

Happier thoughts warm him.

Thinking of the Pea Pod: the glorious food, the kind “lords” who fed him and treated him with respect. He’d like to make it back and be able to buy them an ale. He’d like to eat a lot of that fresh baked bread.

Perhaps he might win enough to allow him to visit the delights of the temple too..

Julian thinks he’s been asleep for only a few minutes when his commanders voice calls him to arms! To ARMS…… But he can only find one Lunar in his purse. And his compatriots call him Lucky. [Bah!]
Julian Sartarvutson
A Ten Thane in the
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Colymar Tribe
Orlanth by Choice
Rufus

Re: News From the Front

Post by Rufus »

We both seek fame and fortune at the front but results so far have been very disappointing. I don't think anyone serving at the front has had any success.

Hopefully things will improve. :)
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
Erik

Post by Erik »

To those at the front,

Your gallant service is greatly appreciated her in Boldhome. Many a cup of wine has been raised to you, and much incense burned in the temples to pray for your success and safety. I will be honoured to host all of you at my inn upon your return.

Until then,

Erik
Ten Thane Colymar Cavalry
Initiate of Orlanth
Julian

Post by Julian »

Julian, back from latrine digging and sees his mates are pleased that there will be a little comforts (separate cubicles for male and females). He whistles a happy tune as he is reassured by the good wishes at Home. He hopes to do better at the front this period.

He says prayers for his friends and sends good wished to them all.
Julian Sartarvutson
A Ten Thane in the
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Colymar Tribe
Orlanth by Choice