To:Johannes Arasikson

General in character posts
Torben

To:Johannes Arasikson

Post by Torben »

My good Johannes,

I couldn't but learn of your concern over the long term prospects of running a shop in our fair City? Well, help is at hand my friend as it just so happens that I've been considering a move into the old merchant business side of things myself, or at least a dabble anyway so when I heard of your worries I thought.....that's it....a partnership!

Yes, what do you say to us going into business together? You can actually run the shop, front the business so to speak, while I can provide behind the scenes support, guidance and business advice as with me being a Lankhor Mhy initiate, a devotee of the old God of Wisdom etc, I'm bound to get lots of divine guidance and tips on what's best to sell, how to set up the shop etc and that will all lead to great sales.

Now, I will need just a little money up front in order for me to clear up a few loose ends to allow me then to devote my time in researching trading skills and getting a few contacts from the Lankhor Mhy High Priest etc....I reckon about 30 lunars this month should cover all that. However, don't think it money lost as we can soon turn that around and double it within 2-3 months so you'll get it back in profits.

Why not come along to my Inn, the Prestigious Scribbled Scroll and we can draw up the necessary legal papers.
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Erik

Re: To:Johannes Arasikson

Post by Erik »

Greeting Johannes,

I hear that you are considering going into trade. I also hear that the notorious coward and boaster Broar Hofarson is trying to get you to loan him money on the pretext of "advising" you on how to run your store. Now I realise that it is for you to decide what to do with your money, but giving it to Broar seems a very unwise choice. He is up to his ears in debt to the moneylenders and is already having to take out new loans to pay off the old. He is also trying various money making schemes, all of which seem likely to see any investors losing all of their investment.
If you want commercial advice I would suggest asking Erinestra who has demonstrated how to run a successful store and who is widely respected as an honourable and honest person, unlike Broar.
If you do decide on a career in trade I wish you well and look forward to visiting your establishment.

Erik Stargazer
Ten Thane Colymar Cavalry
Initiate of Orlanth
Torben

Post by Torben »

Hello Johannes,

I see it didn't take long for that infamous psychopath and windbag Evil Erik to stick his nose into our business!

As you can see the poor fellow is obsessed with me, a month never goes by without him slinging some slur or threat of violence in my direction, and me being a peaceful Chalana Arroy devotee who is far from the coward he accuses me of being! Just for your information I jointly top the list of Duel winners in Boldhome, when I retired to take up a more peaceful and worthwhile life I was undefeated, in fact I even trounced Evil Erik's boss, 'Apless Afur so that shows you the lies the fellow is prepared to speak!

You seem a shrewd type of man, clearly with a business mindset, so I know you'll ignore stinky old Erik - and I don't lie, just get a few feet close to him....by the gods, it's like being next to a trollkins sewer pit!

Let's meet up this coming month at my Inn, when are you free then we can get everything sorted and in order then just wait for the lunars to start rolling in! You know it makes sense lad.
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Thank you both, gentlemen, for your kind offers of help and advice. I would be be very pleased to share profits, but understandably they must first be made. And based on the Guild's current punitive policy of mandatory sale, it may simply not be worth starting a shop at all.

But if I do, Mr Broar, I'd suggest we work for a while with no commitments until we're each happy that not only would an arrangement be mutually beneficial, but that we are a compatible fit as ongoing partners. Being better informed, then we could enter formal arrangements with confidence.

Should the Guild ease up on its restrictive policy and I do open a shop, I would welcome anyone's behind-the-scenes support, guidance and business advice, tips on what's best to sell, and how to set up the shop etc. You would both be honoured patrons.

My most cordial thanks again to you both.
Johannes Arasikson
Issaries
Charisma 5