Reward offered...do they actually exist?!

Announcements and Applications. In character posts.
Torben

Reward offered...do they actually exist?!

Post by Torben »

My dear friends,

It is beginning to dawn upon me that the Malani Tribe may be nothing more than a rumour?!

When I look around Boldhome I appear to be the only one.....when I seek to find a Chieftain to become an Aide to my enquiries all come back negative.....does this tribe actually exist or are they just me! Being a devotee of the god of knowledge, wise Lankhor Mhy, I've decided this should be the first study course I undertake so if anyone is able to provide me with any proof of their actual existence there's a juicy 25 lunars in it for you and a round of drinks at my prestigious Inn.
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Erik

Re: Reward offered...do they actually exist?!

Post by Erik »

I wonder if Broar has just realised that the other members of his tribe are so ashamed of his antics that they want to stay as far away from him (and therefore Boldhome) as they can?

Erik
Torben

Post by Torben »

Erik wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:27 pm I wonder if Broar has just realised that the other members of his tribe are so ashamed of his antics that they want to stay as far away from him (and therefore Boldhome) as they can?

Erik
Erik,

I have to say I'm most disappointed to learn of your comments, what a horrid thing to say!

Haven't I always been a good friend to you? Ok, there has been some jocular banter about your tribe but that was all said in fine spirits and with nothing but mirth intended PLUS didn't I even go as far as to save you from public shame by not fighting you in that duel you demanded! Having bested your 'boss', that Afur fellow, in the duel I had with him I knew I could easily have done the same to you but, instead, I chose to play the old 'Is that a dragon behind you' trick just so that there would be no duel and you wouldn't lose.

On top of that I even invite you to my party at the prestigious Scribbled Scroll, far more upmarket than that hovel of a place you frequent, yet, in return, I still get these hurtful comments from you. I struggle to see what your problem is? We could be really good friends you and I, especially if you sort out that personal hygiene issue and tidy yourself up a bit, so I implore you to see reason and to try and be more pleasant towards me.

I admit I'm not a fully qualified Healer yet but it seems to me that you have a problem with anger management issues, too much pent up aggression, you just need to mellow out a bit ok. If you can resolve this to a degree where I see a marked improvement from you then I'll even invite you over to a ceremony with us in the Chalana Arroy Temple, I can't say fairer than that now, can I ? To further demonstrate my friendship I'll throw in a few free bars of soap for you and ask the Priest if you can use the convalescence baths that we have inside the temple complex.
Torben Dungshuvler
💩
Erik

Post by Erik »

Broar,

Oh dear, have I hurt your feelings? Never mind, just curl up in a corner and weep over how cruel the world is.

I could never be your friend, for 2 good reasons. One is that you are from the Malani tribe. Now that is not exactly your fault, you did not choose your parents. However, whilst the Malani are rivals to the Colymar (I will not say enemies, I reserve that for the Lunars) at least most of them have courage and honour, unlike yourself. Which brings me to the second reason. That is you are Broar Hofarson, the well known coward, buffoon, boaster, and fool.

You should use any soap to wash the stench and stains of cowardice from your own trousers.

Erik.
Torben

Post by Torben »

Erik,

Grrrrr.....that's fighting talk! How I wish I weren't constrained by my devotion to the blessed mother but I know you're just trying to goad me....well it simply - lucky for you, what with me being undefeated on the duelling field etc - won't work! I think you actually know that which is why you 'talk the talk' realising you won't have to 'walk the walk', as I believe the old Troll saying goes?

However, I'm able to rise above such taunts and drivel, I understand it's not really your fault there's just some mental deficiencies within your psyche and you just can't help yourself but I'm going to help you though Erik, to show there is no ill-feeling and to show you how I won't give up on you, I'll be going straight down to the libraries of both of my cults next month to see what the divine wisdom of Lankhor Mhy and Chalana Arroy can reveal into what maybe the cause of these issues you have - not the personal hygiene ones, the ones affecting your mind.

I'm hopeful I can discover a cure and once this is determined I'll get back to you with details of how we can make you all better.
Torben Dungshuvler
💩
Erik

Post by Erik »

Broar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:34 am Erik,

Grrrrr.....that's fighting talk! How I wish I weren't constrained by my devotion to the blessed mother but I know you're just trying to goad me....well it simply - lucky for you, what with me being undefeated on the duelling field etc - won't work! I think you actually know that which is why you 'talk the talk' realising you won't have to 'walk the walk', as I believe the old Troll saying goes?

However, I'm able to rise above such taunts and drivel, I understand it's not really your fault there's just some mental deficiencies within your psyche and you just can't help yourself but I'm going to help you though Erik, to show there is no ill-feeling and to show you how I won't give up on you, I'll be going straight down to the libraries of both of my cults next month to see what the divine wisdom of Lankhor Mhy and Chalana Arroy can reveal into what maybe the cause of these issues you have - not the personal hygiene ones, the ones affecting your mind.

I'm hopeful I can discover a cure and once this is determined I'll get back to you with details of how we can make you all better.
The answer is simple. You are currently a lay member of the cult of Chalana Arroy. Lay members are NOT barred from fighting duels. The reason for your failing to defend your honour (not that you have any) is not your devotion to the blessed lady, but your abject cowardice. You could fight. You are just too scared to do so.

Erik
Torben

Post by Torben »

I'm praying for you Erik, just try and hang in there. Do your best not to listen to those voices in your head, believe me they don't really exist, ok, I'm afraid you're currently a very sick man but there are people, well certainly me anyway, who are doing their very best to help. I just need a little more time to undertake both my medical and lore studies then I should be able to come up with a cure, stay strong brother, just fight the voices not other people!
Torben Dungshuvler
💩
Erik

Post by Erik »

Broar wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:34 am I'm praying for you Erik, just try and hang in there. Do your best not to listen to those voices in your head, believe me they don't really exist, ok, I'm afraid you're currently a very sick man but there are people, well certainly me anyway, who are doing their very best to help. I just need a little more time to undertake both my medical and lore studies then I should be able to come up with a cure, stay strong brother, just fight the voices not other people!
Broar, I am not the one who is questioning the existence of my own tribe. Physician, heal thyself!

Erik.