Silk and Sapphires

General in character posts
grumbold99

Silk and Sapphires

Post by grumbold99 »

I would be delighted if any residents of Boldhome would drop in at my modest little shop to peruse the newly available wares.

Items of taste to please discerning customers and to suit a range of budgets.

No officer should head off to the front without a fine new plume in his helmet. Guaranteed to make it easier to be noticed if the opportunity arises to do something so bold that it warrants a mention in reports.

Every lively individual carousing in the taverns - or attending a party at a rival boutique - should do so with a fine new lace collar or silk cravat to demonstrate their impeccable taste.
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.
Julian

Re: Silk and Sapphires

Post by Julian »

Sir, when I find my feet in this town I will happily shop at your emporium. Meanwhile I am looking for work. I am Julian and am known at the Pea Pod.
Julian Sartarvutson
A Ten Thane in the
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Colymar Tribe
Orlanth by Choice
grumbold99

Post by grumbold99 »

Julian wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:51 pm Sir, when I find my feet in this town I will happily shop at your emporium. Meanwhile I am looking for work. I am Julian and am known at the Pea Pod.
Thank you for your generous support, sir.

Even when they have no money for conspicuous consumption, in their pre-turn instructions everyone can nominate a shop where they spend their normal support living costs. Every lunar helps!

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Erinestra

Post by Erinestra »

Grumbold! I am pleased to see a fellow member of the Locaem here in Boldhome, perhaps you coudl nominate my Emporium for your own support expenditure and I will perhaps do the same for yours!

In addition why not come to my party during week 4 and I'll let you have a "coupon" to cover your conspisuous consumption at my place. It would be good to help you climb the social ladder here in boldhome!
Erinestra Harvanasdaughter
Third daughter of a Free Carl of the Locaem tribe
Assistant Rune Lord of Issaries
Lay member of Eurmal
Owner of Erinestra's Emporium Extraordinaire
Charisma: 12
grumbold99

Post by grumbold99 »

Erinestra wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:51 pm Grumbold! I am pleased to see a fellow member of the Locaem here in Boldhome, perhaps you coudl nominate my Emporium for your own support expenditure and I will perhaps do the same for yours!

In addition why not come to my party during week 4 and I'll let you have a "coupon" to cover your conspisuous consumption at my place. It would be good to help you climb the social ladder here in boldhome!
Why, thank you. I will certainly do both!