Conversations at the Pea Pod

General in character posts
Julian

Re: Conversations at the Pea Pod

Post by Julian »

Julian tells Mr Quatlu that he would like that extra bowl of soup and has decided that if he cannot even get a job in town (he’s a good washer up or store holder or a guard or manservant) he will go to the front as part of the levy. The time scale for his decision is when his guts grumble enough he’ll get down to the recruiting office.

He shakes hands with Jarrek and tells him, “I wish you continued health and success. I fear that not even joining the Cult can stop my fall from grace and I am minded to go to fight. I may return or not.”

To Quatlu he says, “Sir, thank you when I return I would like to join your regiment and fight under your banner. I shall be eternally grateful for your kindness and advice.”

He leaves…
Julian Sartarvutson
A Ten Thane in the
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Colymar Tribe
Orlanth by Choice
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

As Julian stands to depart, Quatlu stands as well and grasps the man's hand to shake hands. "You are an honorable man, Julian, and I would be proud to have you as a member of my Troop. May Orlanth guide you at the Front and favor you in battle." He remains standing until Julian leaves the Pea Pod, then takes his seat again. Turning to Jarrek, Quatlu says, "It's a damned shame that a man like that must prove his metal with the levy instead of in a line regiment. But I know Orlanth will see and I hope judge him well."
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to a member of the City Ring
Colymar Tribe
Ondurga

Post by Ondurga »

"Aye," Jarrek nods and takes a deep, rueful swig of ale. "If I could take him on, I would, for all the good it would do. My own Warlord and Hundred Thane are bent on keeping us in reserve for now, gods know I could use some battle spoils from the Lunars, myself. Orlanth preserve him and grant him glory and enough loot to get on an even keel."
Ondurga Yorisdaughter of the Bachad
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

"Let us both remember Julian in prayers at the next Ceremony we attend, to bring him honor and good fortune at the Front", Quatlu added. He looked at Jarrek and asked, "So then Sword Brother, anything else tonight for the good of the Order? If not, then let's get the tally and split the costs. I'd say this was a most beneficial meal for all concerned."
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Colymar Tribe
Harold

Post by Harold »

As Rewolf watches Julian depart, he has to admit he admires the man, & he wonders if they will meet again on the frontier, having someone he can trust would be a great Boon.

To those remaining at the table, "Zur, Ta fur the Soup twere a great 'onour tam 'ave met ee, When eyes back twill be my turn tur pay, Good Nite too ee all Gods Bless ee"
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

As he wandered home from the markets, Johannes spotted Rewolf some distance ahead. He blearily remembered the man from Broar's party and liked him.

Seeing him turn into the Pea Pod, Johannes was reminded that it was indeed dinner time, and followed him in. He saw a few others he knew at a table, and greeting them, ordered a meal and then paid for a round of ale for all!
Johannes Arasikson
Issaries
Charisma 5
Torben

Post by Torben »

Sat alone, at a table near the back, away from any 'prying' eyes the gallant Broar Hofarson reflected upon recent events......

These Orlanthi seemed decent enough, if you could overlook the clear Colymar element within their numbers, although their eating establishment choice was a pale shadow of the quality and service that one could expect from his own prestigious Inn, the Scribbled Scroll, so maybe he ought to consider joining the Orlanth cult too? Nothing wrong with 'getting in' with folk who could prove useful in the future and, who knows, there might just be the chance to earn a few lunars out of it and a suitable position within the City? Better surely then these repeated attempts to become an Aide, which was becoming somewhat of a pain in the backside with constant rejections.....by the beard of Lankhor Mhy don't these Chieftains know who he is, can't they see the sense in having someone of the illustrious standing as Broar Hofarson as their Aide?!! Damned Malani idiots and, to think, he was seemingly stuck as one of them why couldn't he be either a Torkani, Tovtaros or Vantaros member instead, none of these have any of this tribal animosity history and are sure to have heaps of mates.

Well, it is what it is, he thought and I've just got to make the most of it, I guess...hrrmmppphh! Sipping his tankard of carrot & ginger ale, by the gods didn't this place do anything that wasn't vegetable related, his mind still grappled with the injustice of it all....that blasted Evil Erik was still alive, so to that pesky Afur, and securing the position of Deputy of Public Harmony seemed a long way off. However, if he could prove his worth and find out some secrets, you know a 'bit of dirt', here and there, about some of his fellow Boldhome dwellers then maybe, just maybe, the current DPH might recognise his value and take him on as a Ferret as that would get him a 'foot in the door' and means he could have access to the Public Harmony set up and plans to get rid of the DPH can be fermented! Question was how.....hmmmh...yes, how.....

"Hey, you, serving fellow, here for a moment, a word in your ear if you please".

"What me sir"? replied a slighty perspiring servant who was passing by laden down with a tray of empty bowls and a half finished jug of mead.

"Yes, you lad......now how do you fancy earning some easy lunars, supplement the paltry wages you must get from this place"?

"Really, how easy? It doesn't involve anything dodgy does it"?

"Dodgy....dodgy...perish the thought, my dear fellow, simply keep your ears and eyes open for me in regards to the customers that frequent your...errr....fine eatery. For example those three friends you saw here earlier, the ones apparently enamoured with your pea soup dish, they seem like regulars and spend a fair bit of time in here. They must do a far bit of nattering amongst themselves, I'm doing some 'under cover' work for the Deputy of Public Harmony, all very hush hush, need to know basis an all that, can't say much more, but we're interested in what folk are talking about, just to ensure the city is happy and people are feeling 'the harmony', so to speak, here's 5 lunars for you.....just make sure you let me know what you hear the next time they're in, ok. Anything you feel is 'interesting' or 'relevant' you let me know right away AND, remember, not a word to anyone else, not even your boss right, as I'd hate to have to tell the DPH anything detrimental about you....or your family....or your friends....I think you get my drift"!
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Harold

Post by Harold »

As he entered the Establishment Of the Pea Pod once again, Rewolf was impressed to see the straw on the floor had been changed since his last visit, looking about the room he noticed Johannes entering through the door not long after himself, Rewolf raised his hand in a friendly salute, Then moved off towards Quatlu & his table " Good day to 'ee Zur tiz it alrite if I were't join 'ee?

As his gaze swept the room he notices ,Sat alone, at a table near the back, away from any 'prying' eyes the gallant Broar Hofarson. Rewolf tries to catch his eye & when he does, gives Broar a friendly salute
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

With the warrior Rewolf returning to the table, and a new, somewhat familiar face coming over to join them (and bearing fresh tankards of ale), Quatlu indicated an open seat, thenturned his attention to Rewolf and the newcomer. The newcomer wore Issaries colors, the god of trade and diplomacy, and seemed a friendly chap. "Well met, trader. I'm Quatlu and this is Jarrek, both of Orlanth. I know I've seen you before, but forgive me I just can't recall the circumstances. What is your name?"
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Colymar Tribe
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Good evening Master... Quaintlu? was it? Apologies if I mispronounced that. Trader am I not - as yet anyway - but thank you. My name is Johannes Arasikson, manager of my father Carl Arasik's estate. I may have met you on a previous visit with Papa? I can scribe and number and am exploring my future here in Boldhome for a while.

Hello again Jarrek - we met at Broar's party recently, remember? You told a great tale about an amorous parish clerk called Absalon tricked into a midnight kiss upon a carpenter's clever wife - Alisoun was it? But not upon her mouth! "He kiste her naked ers"! A beard! A beard! How we all laughed - you are a skilled raconteur, my friend!

Let me buy you all a round of ale as my thanks! Skol!
Johannes Arasikson
Issaries
Charisma 5