Of Rank and Poverty

General in character posts
Elisia

Of Rank and Poverty

Post by Elisia »

As she finally walked back into Boldholme, Elisia's thoughts swirled with a mix of exhaustion, pride, and frustration. Her achievements on the battlefield had come at a cost, but it was not the physical toll that weighed heaviest upon her weary heart. It was the lack of spoils, the absence of plunder that she lamented.

Through the chaos of the battlefield, Elisia had showed the ferocity befitting an adherent of Orlanth the Warrior, her broadsword present and eager to take the lives of the enemy in the thickest of the fighting. Her leadership of Company A had even earned her a promotion to Ten-Thane! For the child of a destitute Cottar this was a heady height to find oneself at, what would her family say when they heard the news?

Pride is once again swept aside by the more negative emotions. She had fought valiantly, risking life and limb, gaining rank and honour but amidst the chaos, she had not managed to secure any loot or treasures. The spoils of war that she had hoped would replenish her dwindling supplies and allow a sojourn in a semblance of comfort to soothe her war wearied frame were nowhere to be found.

This wouldn't have been too much of an issue, living frugally was nothing new to her, but her new position came with new responsibilities. Her hard earned savings were enough to live off for a while, but not enough to pay for the new trappings of rank. The irony of her situation gnawed at her soul, the recognition of her skill and effort in battle would send her into debt... Hopefully her promised increase in pay was not delayed.

Despite the weariness in her bones and the disappointment in her heart, Elisia remained steadfast. Her determination was unyielding, this was just another bump in the road, she would strive past it, unbroken. She knew that the life of a warrior was often a harsh and unpredictable one, filled with setbacks and sacrifices. But she also knew that it was her calling, her purpose, to defend her land and her people, no matter the cost.

Elisia's thoughts shifted from her own personal struggles to the front and those still there. She wondered if they faced similar challenges, if they too grappled with the harsh realities of a warrior's life. In their shared burdens, she found solace and a renewed sense of purpose, vowing to continue the fight, to strive for victory, and to overcome whatever obstacles lay in her path. As well as praying her next Lunar foe had deep pockets and a short blade...
Elisia Senrensdaughter
Second Daughter of Cottar Senren,
Ten-Thane of the Candle Dancers
Of the Kheldon tribe,
Charisma 3
Rufus

Re: Of Rank and Poverty

Post by Rufus »

Your courage is noted and brings honour to our most noble Kheldon tribe. I sympathise that despite our tribe's reputation for wealth, fortune seems to have passed us by.

I wish us both good fortune as I seek to join you at the front for the glory of Boldhome, the Kheldon tribe and our mutual prosperity.

Perhaps a request from you to Heort Bevunesdaughter that the 3rd squadron of Mularik's company join you at the front might assist us both in our future success?

Perhaps sometime in the future I may be able to repay your kindness.
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
Ondurga

Post by Ondurga »

We Kheldon stick together, that is our wealth. Which is just as well since I, too, lack coin.
Ondurga Yorisdaughter of the Bachad
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Agreed Jarrek :)
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Chieftain's son.
Elisia

Post by Elisia »

Rufus wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:36 pm ...

Perhaps a request from you to Heort Bevunesdaughter that the 3rd squadron of Mularik's company join you at the front might assist us both in our future success?

My dear Rufus,

I would gladly lend my aid and name to any request that advances the war effort, however any influence I may bring to bear at court is negligible at best, unfortunately merely surviving through unsuccessful battles earns little political leverage.
Elisia Senrensdaughter
Of the Kheldon tribe,
Charisma 3
Erik

Post by Erik »

Elisia wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:57 pm
Rufus wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:36 pm ...

My dear Rufus,

I would gladly lend my aid and name to any request that advances the war effort, however any influence I may bring to bear at court is negligible at best, unfortunately merely surviving through unsuccessful battles earns little political leverage.
Rufus,

Alas, I have no influence to offer, but I wish you good luck in your praiseworthy efforts to serve this month. If I am equally lucky perhaps we might meet at the front!

Elisia.

Perhaps no political leverage (yet!) but great respect from your fellows. Better luck next time. I hope to be at the front this month, if Afur and I can persuade the Warlord!

I wish you both well,

Erik Stargazer,
Ten Thane Colymar Cavalry
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Elisia (and Erik),

I am grateful for your kind words. Alas influence is in short supply! However, it is merely sufficient to request the following:-

To Warlord of Mularik's company Eoth Henastsdaughter, I request that Mularik's company be sent to the front
To 100 Thane Heort Bevunesdaughter, Commander of the 3rd squadron, I request that the third squadron of Mularik's company be sent to the front.

Though the chance of success is small for one such request, say 1 chance in 6, suffice to say that should enough brave warriors petition these eminent personages, then there is every prospect that these worthies will be persuaded!

Likewise, I intend to reciprocate (unless wished otherwise) that the Colymor cavalry is likewise sent to the front to seek fame and fortune! (to Warlord Okinakt Yrshison and Hundred Thane Eoal Ulason).
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Chieftain's son.
Erik

Post by Erik »

To Warlord of Mularik's company Eoth Henastsdaughter, I request that Mularik's company be sent to the front
To 100 Thane Heort Bevunesdaughter, Commander of the 3rd squadron, I request that the third squadron of Mularik's company be sent to the front

Good luck to all in Mularik's Company!

Erik Stargazer
Ten Thane, Colymar Cavalry
Elisia

Post by Elisia »

Bring your regiments, bring your companions, come in numbers or come alone! All will be welcomed to assist the great cause, for even if I cannot guarantee anyone influence, position or riches on the field tere is glory to be had out here, come and help me take it from the cold hands of the Lunar upstarts!

May Orlanth smile upon us as we do his work.
Elisia Senrensdaughter
Of the Kheldon tribe,
Charisma 3
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

That is appreciated by Rufus
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Chieftain's son.